Dr Nader Karimi
BSc, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Page 1 of 4
- Dehghan M, Vajedi H, Rahgozar S and Karimi N (2023). Energy, economic, and environmental analysis of converging air-based photovoltaic-thermal (air/PV-T) systems: A yearly benchmarking. Elsevier Journal of Cleaner Production
- Zaboli M, Saedodin S, Ajarostaghi SSM and Karimi N (2023). Recent progress on flat plate solar collectors equipped with nanofluid and turbulator: state of the art. Environmental Science and Pollution Research vol. 30 (51), 109921-109954.
- Kazaz O, Ferraro R, Tassieri M, Kumar S, Falcone G, Karimi N and Paul MC (2023). Sensible heat thermal energy storage performance of mono and blended nanofluids in a free convective-radiation inclined system. Case Studies in Thermal Engineering vol. 51
- Kalbasi R, Sharifpur M, Mortazavi M, Karimi N, Binh LNN and Afrand M (2023). Cold water storage tank enhancement using response surface methodology leading cooling peak shaving along with load shifting. Journal of Cleaner Production vol. 421
- Rashidi S, Karimi N, Li G and Sunden B (2023). Progress in phase change nano-emulsions for energy applications-A concise review. Journal of Molecular Liquids vol. 387
- Kazaz O, Karimi N, Kumar S, Falcone G and Paul MC (2023). Heat transfer characteristics of fluids containing paraffin core-metallic shell nanoencapsulated phase change materials for advanced thermal energy conversion and storage applications. Journal of Molecular Liquids vol. 385
- Sohani A, Cornaro C, Shahverdian MH, Pierro M, Moser D, Nižetić S, Karimi N, Li LKB and Doranehgard MH (2023). Building integrated photovoltaic/thermal technologies in Middle Eastern and North African countries: Current trends and future perspectives. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews vol. 182
- Mousavi SM, Jarrahbashi D, Lee BJ, Karimi N and Faroughi SA (2023). Impact of hybrid surfaces on the droplet breakup dynamics in microgravity slug flow: A dynamic contact angle analysis. Physics of Fluids vol. 35 (7)
- Pordanjani AH, Aghakhani S, Afrand M, Karimi N and Daneh-Dezfuli A (2023). Numerical and experimental evaluation of the configurational effects on the thermohydraulics of an Ag-MgO/water hybrid nanofluid flow in a circular heatsink with optimization energy efficiency. Elsevier Journal of The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Tayebi T, El-Sapa S, Karimi N, Dogonchi AS, Chamkha AJ and Galal AM (2023). Double-diffusive natural convection with Soret/Dufour effects and energy optimization of Nano-Encapsulated Phase Change Material in a novel form of a wavy-walled I-shaped domain. Elsevier Journal of The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers vol. 148
- Shahsavar A, Afrand M, Kalbasi R, Aghakhani S, Bakhsheshi-Rad HR and Karimi N (2023). A comprehensive review on the application of nanofluids and PCMs in solar thermal collectors: Energy, exergy, economic, and environmental analyses. Elsevier Journal of The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers vol. 148
- Mousavi SM, Lee BJ, Kim J, Sotoudeh F, Chun B, Jun D, Karimi N and Abolfazli Esfahani J (2023). On the effects of adding syngas to an ammonia-MILD combustion regime—A computational study of the reaction zone structure. Elsevier International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Parsa SM, Norozpour F, Shoeibi S, Shahsavar A, Aberoumand S, Afrand M, Said Z and Karimi N (2023). Lithium-ion battery thermal management via advanced cooling parameters: State-of-the-art review on application of machine learning with exergy, economic and environmental analysis. Elsevier Journal of The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Parsa SM, Norouzpour F, Shoeibi S, Shahsavar A, Aberoumand S, Said Z, Guo W, Ngo HH, Ni BJ, Afrand M and Karimi N (2023). A comprehensive study to find the optimal fraction of nanoparticle coated at the interface of solar desalination absorbers: 5E and GHGs analysis in different seasons. Elsevier Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells vol. 256
- Khfagi AM, Hunt G, Paul MC and Karimi N (2023). Entropy generation and thermohydraulics of mixed convection of hybrid-nanofluid in a vertical tube fitted with elliptical‑cut twisted tape inserts - a computational study. Taylor and Francis Group Energy Sources Part a: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects vol. 45 (2), 3369-3391.
- Sarvar-Ardeh S, Rashidi S, Rafee R and Karimi N (2023). A review on the applications of micro-/mini-channels for battery thermal management. Springer Verlag Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry
- Kazaz O, Karimi N, Kumar S, Falcone G and Paul MC (2023). Effects of combined radiation and forced convection on a directly capturing solar energy system. Elsevier Thermal Science and Engineering Progress vol. 40
- Kazaz O, Karimi N, Kumar S, Falcone G and Paul MC (2023). Enhanced sensible heat storage capacity of nanofluids by improving the photothermal conversion performance with direct radiative absorption of solar energy. Journal of Molecular Liquids vol. 372
- Mondal MNA, Karimi N, Jackson SD and Paul MC (2023). Numerical investigation of premixed hydrogen/air combustion at lean to ultra-lean conditions and catalytic approach to enhance stability. Elsevier International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Sotoudeh F, Mousavi SM, Karimi N, Lee BJ, Abolfazli-Esfahani J and Manshadi MKD (2023). Natural and synthetic superhydrophobic surfaces: A review of the fundamentals, structures, and applications. Elsevier Alexandria Engineering Journal vol. 68, 587-609.
- Mesgarpour M, Habib R, Shadloo MS and Karimi N (2023). A combination of large eddy simulation and physics-informed machine learning to predict pore-scale flow behaviours in fibrous porous media: A case study of transient flow passing through a surgical mask. Elsevier Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements vol. 149, 52-70.
- Sharifianjazi F, Esmaeilkhanian AH, Karimi N, Horri BA, Bazli L, Eskandarinezhad S and Ahmadi E (2023). A review of combustion properties, performance, and emission characteristics of diesel engine fueled with Al2O3 nanoparticle-containing biodiesel. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy
- Esfandiary M, Saedodin S and Karimi N (2023). On the effects of surface waviness upon catalytic steam reforming of methane in micro-structured reactors - a computational study. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Khfagi AM, Hunt G, Paul MC and Karimi N (2023). Time-dependent analysis of heat transfer enhancement and entropy generation of hybrid nanofluids in a tube with a solid and elliptical‑cut twisted tape insert with non-uniform heat flux. Energy Sources, Part a: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects vol. 45 (4), 11315-11340.
- Soyler I, Zhang K, Duwig C, Jiang X and Karimi N (2023). Uncertainty quantification of the premixed combustion characteristics of NH3/H2/N2 fuel blends. Elsevier Bv International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Sohani A, Cornaro C, Shahverdian MH, Moser D, Pierro M, Olabi AG, Karimi N, Nižetić S, Li LKB and Doranehgard MH (2022). Techno-economic evaluation of a hybrid photovoltaic system with hot/cold water storage for poly-generation in a residential building. Elsevier Applied Energy vol. 331
- Soleymani P, Saedodin S, Hadi Rostamian S and Karimi N (2022). Experimental investigation of a hybridized flat-plate solar collector/gas burner for low-carbon production of hot water – Analysis of energy, exergy, and GHG emissions. Elsevier Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments vol. 55
- Fattahi A, Hajialigol N, Delpisheh M and Karimi N (2022). Lattice-Boltzmann numerical simulation of double-diffusive natural convection and entropy generation in an n-shaped partially heated storage tank. Elsevier Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements vol. 146, 105-118.
- Saeed A, Karimi N and Paul MC (2022). Computational assessment of the thermal response of a Li-ion battery module to transient loads. Elsevier Journal of Power Sources vol. 552
- Mousavi Ajarostaghi SS, Zaboli M, Kiani B, Saedodin S, Karimi N and Javadi H (2022). Hydrogen preheating in a PEMFC system employing a heat exchanger equipped with an innovative turbulator. Elsevier International Journal of Hydrogen Energy vol. 47 (85), 36264-36282.
- Aghakhani S, Hajatzadeh Pordanjani A, Afrand M, Farsani AK, Karimi N and Sharifpur M (2022). Entropy generation and exergy analysis of Ag–MgO/water hybrid nanofluid within a circular heatsink with different number of outputs. Elsevier International Journal of Thermal Sciences vol. 184
- Rashidi S, Karimi N and Yan WM (2022). Applications of machine learning techniques in performance evaluation of solar desalination systems – A concise review. Elsevier Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements vol. 144, 399-408.
- Soleymani P, Ma Y, Saffarifard E, Mohebbi R, Babaie M, Karimi N and Saedodin S (2022). Numerical investigation on turbulent flow, heat transfer, and entropy generation of water-based magnetic nanofluid flow in a tube with hemisphere porous under a uniform magnetic field. Elsevier International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer vol. 137
- Mousavi SM, Sotoudeh F, Lee BJ, Paydari MR and Karimi N (2022). Effect of hybrid wall contact angles on slug flow behavior in a T-junction microchannel: A numerical study. Elsevier Colloids and Surfaces a: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects vol. 650
- Mousavi SM, Sotoudeh F, Jun D, Lee BJ, Esfahani JA and Karimi N (2022). On the effects of NH3 addition to a reacting mixture of H2/CH4 under MILD combustion regime: Numerical modeling with a modified EDC combustion model. Elsevier Fuel vol. 326
- Alizadeh R, Mohebbi Najm Abad J, Fattahi A, Mesgarpour M, Doranehgard MH, Xiong Q and Karimi N (2022). Machine-Learning Enhanced Analysis of Mixed Biothermal Convection of Single Particle and Hybrid Nanofluids within a Complex Configuration. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research vol. 61 (24), 8478-8494.
- Khfagi AM, Hunt G, Paul MC and Karimi N (2022). Computational analysis of heat transfer augmentation and thermodynamic irreversibility of hybrid nanofluids in a tube fitted with classical and elliptical‑cut twisted tape inserts. Springer Verlag Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry vol. 147 (21), 12093-12110.
- Sohani A, Sayyaadi H, Cornaro C, Shahverdian MH, Pierro M, Moser D, Karimi N, Doranehgard MH and Li LKB (2022). Using machine learning in photovoltaics to create smarter and cleaner energy generation systems: A comprehensive review. Elsevier Journal of Cleaner Production vol. 364
- Aghakhani S, Ghaffarkhah A, Arjmand M, Karimi N and Afrand M (2022). Phase change materials: Agents towards energy performance improvement in inclined, vertical, and horizontal walls of residential buildings. Elsevier Journal of Building Engineering, 104656-104656.
- Sohani A, Delfani F, Hosseini M, Sayyaadi H, Karimi N, Li LKB and Doranehgard MH (2022). Price inflation effects on a solar-geothermal system for combined production of hydrogen, power, freshwater and heat. Elsevier International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Zidan AM, Nayak MK, Karimi N, Sattar Dogonchi A, Chamkha AJ, Ben Hamida MB and Galal AM (2022). Thermal management and natural convection flow of nano encapsulated phase change material (NEPCM)-water suspension in a reverse T-shaped porous cavity enshrining two hot corrugated baffles: A boost to renewable energy storage. Elsevier Journal of Building Engineering vol. 53
- Sohani A, Delfani F, Hosseini M, Sayyaadi H, Karimi N, Li LKB and Doranehgard MH (2022). Dynamic multi-objective optimization applied to a solar-geothermal multi-generation system for hydrogen production, desalination, and energy storage. Elsevier International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Abbasi M, Mousavi SM, Lee BJ, Esfahani JA, Karimi N and Mamaghani MY (2022). Examination of the effects of porosity upon intensification of thermal storage of PCMs in a shell-and-tube type system. Elsevier Case Studies in Thermal Engineering vol. 33
- Nayak MK, Karimi N, Chamkha AJ, Sattar Dogonchi A, El-Sapa S and Galal AM (2022). Efficacy of diverse structures of wavy baffles on heat transfer amplification of double-diffusive natural convection inside a C-shaped enclosure filled with hybrid nanofluid. Elsevier Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments vol. 52
- Rahmani E, Fattahi A, Moradi T, Hajialigol N, Karimi N and Doranehgard MH (2022). Enhancement of heat transfer in solar collectors by vortex generation. Taylor and Francis Group Energy Sources Part a: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects vol. 44 (1), 1731-1750.
- Parsa SM, Yazdani A, Javadi D, Afrand M, Karimi N and Ali HM (2022). Selecting efficient side of thermoelectric in pyramid-shape solar desalination units incorporated phase change material (PCM), nanoparticle, turbulator with battery storage powered by photovoltaic. Elsevier Journal of Energy Storage vol. 51
- Mesgarpour M, Abad JMN, Alizadeh R, Wongwises S, Doranehgard MH, Jowkar S and Karimi N (2022). Predicting the effects of environmental parameters on the spatio-temporal distribution of the droplets carrying coronavirus in public transport – A machine learning approach. Chemical Engineering Journal vol. 430
- Saboohi Z, Ommi F, Rahmani E, Moradi T, Fattahi A, Delpisheh M and Karimi N (2022). The effect of sinusoidal fins’ amplitude on the thermo-hydraulic performance of a solar air heater. Taylor and Francis Chemical Engineering Communications
- Masoud Parsa S, Yazdani A, Aberoumand H, Farhadi Y, Ansari A, Aberoumand S, Karimi N, Afrand M, Cheraghian G and Muhammad Ali H (2022). A critical analysis on the energy and exergy performance of photovoltaic/thermal (PV/T) system: The role of nanofluids stability and synthesizing method. Elsevier Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments vol. 51
- Rahmani E, Fattahi A, Karimi N and Hosseinalipour SM (2022). A comparative analysis of the evolution of compositional and entropy waves in turbulent channel flows. Aip Publishing Physics of Fluids vol. 34 (1)