Dr Joe Briscoe
MSci (Hons), PhD, CSci, MIMMM, MInstP
Nanostructured and functional materials for sustainable energy applications, including:
- Photocatalysis and photoelectrocatalysis for artificial photosynthesis (solar fuels)
- Piezoelectric energy harvesting
- Synthesis of nanostructured functional materials, e.g. light-absorber, charge transport layers, photocatalyst (PC) and photoelectrocatalyst (PEC) materials, ferroelectrics, piezoelectrics.
- Fabrication and testing of flexible devices.
- Construction and testing of inorganic and hybrid devices including:
- Dye-sensitised solar cells (DSSCs)
- Hybrid organic inorganic lead halide perovskites
- Quantum dot-sensitised solar cells
- Inorganic/organic hybrid nanostructured PVs.
- Nanostructured piezoelectric energy harvestors on flexible substrates.
- Material characterisation including SEM, XRD, UV-Vis spectroscopy, PL, XPS.