Dr Haixue Yan
PhD, PGCAP, MACS, CEng, FIMMM
Dr Haixue Yan’s research includes Spark Plasma Sintering (SPS) and functional materials with textured, nano- and metastable structures. I propose to undertake fundamental research on these novel functional materials and their sintering kinetics.
His current research projects including:
- Dielectrics for high power energy storage
- Lead-free ferroelectrics for piezoelectric sensors and actuators.
- Ceramics with high microwave tunabiluty for wireless communications.
- THz technology probing transitions in functional materials
- Multiferroelectrics for computer memories.
- Recycle Al cans for fashion products and sustainable development.
His research has been funded by EPSRC, Royal Society, Royal Academy of Engineering, AHRC, Innovate UK, EC and industries.