Dr Karin Hing
CEng, PhD, BSc, MIMMM, FRMS, FWES, FHEA
Page 1 of 2
- Zhou B, Jiang Y, Guo Q, Das A, Jorge Sobrido A, Hing K, Zayats A and Krause S (2022). "Photoelectrochemical Detection of Calcium Ions Based on Hematite Nanorod Sensors." American Chemical Society Acs Applied Nano Materials
- Zhou B, Das A, Zhong M, Guo Q, Zhang DW, Hing KA, Sobrido AJ, Titirici MM and Krause S (2021). "Photoelectrochemical imaging system with high spatiotemporal resolution for visualizing dynamic cellular responses." Biosensors and Bioelectronics vol. 180
- Hexter AT, Hing KA, Haddad FS and Blunn G (2020). "Decellularized porcine xenograft for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A histological study in sheep comparing cross-pin and cortical suspensory femoral fixation." The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery Bone and Joint Research vol. 9 (6), 293-301.
- Wu F, Zhou B, Wang J, Zhong M, Das A, Watkinson M, Hing K, Zhang D-W and Krause S (2019). "Photoelectrochemical Imaging System for the Mapping of Cell Surface Charges." Anal Chem
- Mafina MK, Sullivan AC and Hing KA (2017). "Use of a fluorescent probe to monitor the enhanced affinity of rh-BMP-2 to silicated-calcium phosphate synthetic bone graft substitutes under competitive conditions." Materials Science and Engineering C vol. 80, 207-212.
- Sriranganathan D, Chen X, Hing KA, Kanwal N and Hill RG (2017). "The effect of the incorporation of fluoride into strontium containing bioactive glasses." Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids vol. 457, 25-30.
- Campion C and Hing KA (2016). "Porous Bone Graft Substitutes: When Less is More." In Mechanobiology: Exploitation For Medical Benefit 347-371.
- Sriranganathan D, Kanwal N, Hing KA and Hill RG (2016). "Strontium substituted bioactive glasses for tissue engineered scaffolds: the importance of octacalcium phosphate." Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine vol. 27 (2), 1-10.
- Coathup MJ, Blunn GW, Campion C, Ho C-Y and Hing KA (2016). "The effect of increased microporosity on bone formation within silicate-substituted scaffolds in an ovine posterolateral spinal fusion model." J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater vol. 105 (4), 805-814.
- Hutchens SA, Campion C, Assad M, Chagnon M and Hing KA (2015). "Efficacy of silicate-substituted calcium phosphate with enhanced strut porosity as a standalone bone graft substitute and autograft extender in an ovine distal femoral critical defect model." J Mater Sci Mater Med vol. 27 (1), 20-20.
- Shah FA, Brauer DS, Hill RG and Hing KA (2015). "Apatite formation of bioactive glasses is enhanced by low additions of fluoride but delayed in the presence of serum proteins." Materials Letters vol. 153, 143-147.
- Shah FA, Brauer DS, Desai N, Hill RG and Hing KA (2014). "Fluoride-containing bioactive glasses and Bioglass® 45S5 form apatite in low pH cell culture medium." Materials Letters vol. 119, 96-99.
- Shah FA, Brauer DS, Wilson RM, Hill RG and Hing KA (2014). "Influence of cell culture medium composition on in vitro dissolution behavior of a fluoride-containing bioactive glass." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A vol. 102 (3), 647-654.
- Castagna V, Olivares-Navarrete R, Schwartz Z, Boyan BD and Hing KA (2013). "HMSC proliferation and differentiation are dependent on chemistry and surface roughness of calcium phosphate bone substitutes." European Cells and Materials vol. 26 (SUPPL. 3)
- Campion CR, Ball SL, Clarke DL and Hing KA (2013). "Microstructure and chemistry affects apatite nucleation on calcium phosphate bone graft substitutes." Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine vol. 24 (3), 597-610.
- Mafina M-K, Hing KA and Sullivan AC (2013). "Development of novel fluorescent probes for the analysis of protein interactions under physiological conditions with medical devices." Langmuir vol. 29 (5), 1420-1426.
- Hing KA (2013). "8 Biomimetic bone regeneration." In Biomimetic Biomaterials 207-237.
- Ghani Y, Coathup MJ, Hing KA and Blunn GW (2013). "Antibacterial effect of incorporating silver ions in electrochemically deposited hydroxyapatite coating: An experimental study." Jrsm Short Rep vol. 4 (9)
- Hing KA (2013). "Biomimetic bone regeneration."
- Ruys A, Tampieri A, Sprio S, Ehrlich H, Rabiei R, Dastjerdi AK, Mirkhalaf M, Barthelat F, Chánová EM, Rypáček F, Boughton P, Roger G, Rohanizadeh R, Mason RS, Boughton E, McLennan SV, Le Bao Ha T, Hing KA, Zhu J, Hu J, Marchant RE and Campbell D (2013). "Contributor contact details." In Biomimetic Biomaterials ix-xi.
- Coathup MJ, Hing KA, Samizadeh S, Chan O, Fang YS, Campion C, Buckland T and Blunn GW (2012). "Effect of increased strut porosity of calcium phosphate bone graft substitute biomaterials on osteoinduction." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A vol. 100 A (6), 1550-1555.
- Ghani Y, Coathup MJ, Hing KA and Blunn GW (2012). "Development of a hydroxyapatite coating containing silver for the prevention of peri-prosthetic infection." J Orthop Res vol. 30 (3), 356-363.
- Ozad U, Parish A and Hing KA (2012). "Bioactivity And Bone Formation In Silicon-Substituted Hydroxyapatite." Sakarya University Journal of Science vol. 16 (3), 170-177.
- Chan O, Coathup MJ, Nesbitt A, Ho CY, Hing KA, Buckland T, Campion C and Blunn GW (2012). "The effects of microporosity on osteoinduction of calcium phosphate bone graft substitute biomaterials." Acta Biomaterialia vol. 8 (7), 2788-2794.
- Coathup MJ, Samizadeh S, Fang YS, Buckland T, Hing KA and Blunn GW (2011). "The osteoinductivity of silicate-substituted calcium phosphate." J Bone Joint Surg Am vol. 93 (23), 2219-2226.
- Castagna V, Sullivan A and Hing K (2011). "Fibronectin adsorption to stoichiometric and silicate substituted hydroxyapatite sensitive to FN concentration and presence of serum proteins." 24th European Conference On Biomaterials - Annual Conference of The European Society For Biomaterials
- Parish A, Davis G and Hing K (2011). "The quantitative and qualitative analysis bone ingrowth network quality of hydroxyapatite implants over time to investigate the process of internal bone growth via novel automated 3D image processing." 24th European Conference On Biomaterials - Annual Conference of The European Society For Biomaterials
- Guth K, Campion C, Buckland T and Hing KA (2011). "Effects of serum protein on ionic exchange between culture medium and microporous hydroxyapatite and silicate-substituted hydroxyapatite." Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine vol. 22 (10), 2155-2164.
- Campion CR, Chander C, Buckland T and Hing K (2011). "Increasing strut porosity in silicate-substituted calcium-phosphate bone graft substitutes enhances osteogenesis." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part B Applied Biomaterials vol. 97 B (2), 245-254.
- Parish AJB, Davis GR and Hing KA (2011). "Automated computation of 3D histomorphometry within implanted hydroxyapatite porous scaffolds." European Cells and Materials vol. 22 (SUPPL.2)
- Castagna V, Sullivan A and Hing KA (2011). "Behaviour of fibronectin on interaction with stoichiometric and silicate substituted hydroxyapatite bone graft substitiutes." European Cells and Materials vol. 22 (SUPPL.2)
- Mafina MK, Sullivan AC and Hing KA (2011). "Recording and evaluating the effect of silicon-substitution on protein adsorption/desorption to hydroxyapatite." European Cells and Materials vol. 22 (SUPPL.2)
- Hing K (2010). "Tissue engineering." Mater World vol. 18 (9), 28-30.
- Guth K, Campion C, Buckland T and Hing KA (2010). "Surface physiochemistry affects protein adsorption to stoichiometric and silicate-substituted microporous hydroxyapatites." Advanced Engineering Materials vol. 12 (4)
- Guth K, Campion C, Buckland T and Hing KA (2010). "Effect of silicate-substitution on attachment and early development of human osteoblast-like cells seeded on microporous hydroxyapatite discs." Advanced Engineering Materials vol. 12 (1-2)
- Mafina MK, Sullivan AC and Hing KA (2009). "Monitoring the effect of silicate substitution on protein adsorption/desorption to hydroxyapatite." European Cells and Materials vol. 18 (SUPPL. 2)
- Samizadeh S, Amogbokpa J, Fang SC, Coathup MJ, Hing KA, Buckland T and Blunn GW (2008). "Osseoinduction by calcium phosphate bone substitutes is a function of chemical composition and structure." 8th World Biomaterials Congress 2008 vol. 2
- Hing KA (2008). "Biomaterials - Where biology, physics, chemistry, engineering and medicine meet." Journal of Physics: Conference Series vol. 105 (1)
- Rashid N, Harding I, Buckland T and HING KA (2008). "Nano-scale manipulation of silicate-substituted apatite chemistry impacts surface charge, hydrophilicity, protein adsorption and cell attachment.", Editors: Meenan BJ and Boyd AR. International Journal of Nano and Biomaterials vol. 1 (3), 299-319.
- Hing KA, Wilson LF and Buckland T (2007). "Comparative performance of three ceramic bone graft substitutes." Spine J vol. 7 (4), 475-490.
- Hing KA, Revell PA, Smith N and Buckland T (2006). "Effect of silicon level on rate, quality and progression of bone healing within silicate-substituted porous hydroxyapatite scaffolds." Biomaterials vol. 27 (29), 5014-5026.
- De Carlos A, Lusquinos F, Pou J, Leon B, Perez-Amor M, Driessens FCM, HING KA, Best S and Bonfield W (2006). "In vitro testing of Nd : YAG laser processed calcium phosphate coatings." Journal of Materials Science Materials in Medicine vol. 17 (11), 1153-1160.
- Harding IS, Rashid N and Hing KA (2005). "Surface charge and the effect of excess calcium ions on the hydroxyapatite surface." Biomaterials vol. 26 (34), 6818-6826.
- Mehta JS, Futter CE, Sandeman SR, Faragher RGAF, Hing KA, Tanner KE and Allan BDS (2005). "Hydroxyapatite promotes superior keratocyte adhesion and proliferation in comparison with current keratoprosthesis skirt materials." Br J Ophthalmol vol. 89 (10), 1356-1362.
- Hing KA (2005). "Bioceramic bone graft substitutes: Influence of porosity and chemistry." Int J Appl Ceram Tec vol. 2 (3), 184-199.
- HING KA, Annaz B, Saeed S, Revell PA and Buckland T (2005). "Microporosity enhances bioactivity of synthetic bone graft substitutes." Journal of Materials Science Materials in Medicine vol. 16 (5), 467-475.
- Hing KA (2004). "Bone repair in the twenty-first century: biology, chemistry or engineering?" Philos Trans a Math Phys Eng Sci vol. 362 (1825), 2821-2850.
- Hing KA, Saeed S, Annaz B, Buckland T and Revell PA (2004). "Bone development is sensitive to silicon level in substituted apatites." Transactions - 7th World Biomaterials Congress
- Rashid N, Harding I and Hing KA (2004). "Effect of silicate substitution on the surface charge of hydroxyapatite." Transactions - 7th World Biomaterials Congress
- Saeed S, Hing K and Revell PA (2004). "HA activates T cells and causes inflammation in liver and spleen from rabbits following intraosseous implantation." Transactions - 7th World Biomaterials Congress