Dr Dimitrios Papageorgiou
MSc, PhD, MIMMM
Dimitrios' research follows a holistic approach from materials and functional composites development, to the analysis and modelling of performance, targeting application markets.
Individual research interests include:
- Processing and characterization of advanced, multifunctional composites based on 2D materials such as graphene, 1D materials such as carbon nanotubes and advanced fiber reinforcements.
- All aspects of the relationship between the structure and mechanical properties of polymers and composites.
- Development of micromechanical theories for modelling the behaviour and understanding the reinforcement mechanisms in polymer nanocomposites.
- Analysis of the deformation behaviour of nanomaterials and nanocomposites using Raman Spectroscopy.
- Application of strain engineering for tuning the mechanical, electronic and photonic properties of 2D materials-based devices and nanocomposites.
- Interface mechanics between substrate and nanomaterials and deformation of model nanocomposites.
- Preparation and physicochemical characterization of bio-based polymers and composites.
- Thermodynamics and kinetic analysis of thermally-stimulated processes in polymers and composites.