Prof Vassili Toropov
PhD, FRAeS, AFAIAA, CEng
multidisciplinary design optimization, multiobjective optimization, multifidelity optimization, metamodel, topology optimization, composite optimization, aerospace engineering, computational mechanics
- Development of design optimization techniques for large-scale problems with computationally expensive and noisy function values (e.g. obtained by a crash simulation or CFD analysis), particularly based on multipoint approximation techniques, multi-fidelity modelling, evolutionary techniques. Implementation in HPC environment.
- Applications to various engineering systems (collaboration with Rolls-Royce, Airbus, DLR, Altair Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover, TU Delft, Hiroshima University and other companies and research organisations).
- Improvement of reliability and robustness of engineering systems (collaboration with Rolls-Royce, Airbus, Hiroshima University).
- Optimization of composite structures (collaboration with DLR, Airbus, Altair Engineering).
- Inverse problems including material parameter identification for novel constituitive models (collaboration with Hiroshima University) and structural damage recognition.