Prof Vassili Toropov
PhD, FRAeS, AFAIAA, CEng
Multidisciplinary design optimization, multiobjective optimization, multifidelity optimization, stochastic analysis and optimization, structural optimization and identification, computational mechanics, aerospace, automotive and other applications.
- Development of design optimization techniques for large-scale problems with computationally expensive and noisy function values (e.g. obtained by a crash simulation or CFD analysis), particularly based on multipoint approximation techniques, multi-fidelity modelling, evolutionary techniques. Implementation in HPC environment.
- Applications to various engineering systems (collaboration with Rolls-Royce, Airbus, DLR, Altair Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover, Parker Hannifin, TU Delft, Hiroshima University and other companies and research organisations).
- Improvement of reliability and robustness of engineering systems (collaboration with Rolls-Royce, TU Delft, Hiroshima University, Altair Engineering).
- Optimization of composite structures (collaboration with DLR, Altair Engineering, Airbus).
- Inverse problems including material parameter identification (collaboration with Hiroshima University) and structural damage recognition.