Dr Roberto Volpe
- Barr MR, Volpe R and Kandiyoti R (2021). "Identifying Synergistic Effects between Biomass Components during Pyrolysis and Pointers Concerning Experiment Design." Acs Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering
- BARR M, Volpe R and Kandiyoti R (2021). "Liquid Biofuels from Food Crops in Transportation – A Balance Sheet of Outcomes." Elsevier Chemical Engineering Science
- Barr MR, Jervis R, Zhang Y, Bodey AJ, Rau C, Shearing PR, Brett DJL, Titirici M and Volpe R (2021). "Towards a mechanistic understanding of particle shrinkage during biomass pyrolysis via synchrotron X-ray microtomography and in-situ radiography." Nature Publishing Group Scientific Reports vol. 11, (1)
- Mosonik MC, Volpe R, Ezenwajiaku C, Talibi M and Balachandran R (2021). "In-situ observation of the evolution of polyaromatic tar precursors in packed-bed biomass pyrolysis." Reaction Chemistry & Engineering
- Saha N, Volpe M, Fiori L, Volpe R, Messineo A and Reza MT (2020). "Cationic Dye Adsorption on Hydrochars of Winery and Citrus Juice Industries Residues: Performance, Mechanism, and Thermodynamics." Mdpi Ag Energies vol. 13, (18) 4686-4686.
- Barr MR, Volpe M, Messineo A and Volpe R (2020). "On the suitability of thermogravimetric balances for the study of biomass pyrolysis." Elsevier Bv Fuel vol. 276, 118069-118069.
- Volpe M, Messineo A, Mäkelä M, Barr MR, Volpe R, Corrado C and Fiori L (2020). "Reactivity of cellulose during hydrothermal carbonization of lignocellulosic biomass." Elsevier Fuel Processing Technology vol. 206,
- Maniscalco MP, Corrado C, Volpe R and Messineo A (2020). "Evaluation of the optimal activation parameters for almond shell bio-char production for capacitive deionization." Bioresource Technology Reports vol. 11,
- Taylor MJ, Alabdrabalameer HA, Michopoulos AK, Volpe R and Skoulou V (2020). "Augmented Leaching Pretreatments for Forest Wood Waste and Their Effect on Ash Composition and the Lignocellulosic Network." American Chemical Society (Acs) Acs Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering
- Messineo A, Maniscalco MP and Volpe R (2020). "Biomethane recovery from olive mill residues through anaerobic digestion: A review of the state of the art technology." Elsevier Science of The Total Environment vol. 703,
- Volpe R, Bermudez Menendez JM, Ramirez Reina T, Volpe M, Messineo A, Millan M and Titirici MM (2019). "Free radicals formation on thermally decomposed biomass." Fuel vol. 255,
- Barr M, Volpe R and Kandiyoti R (2019). "Influence of reactor design on product distributions from biomass pyrolysis." American Chemical Society (Acs) Acs Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering
- Volpe R, Zabaniotou AA and Skoulou V (2018). "Synergistic Effects between Lignin and Cellulose during Pyrolysis of Agricultural Waste." Energy and Fuels vol. 32, (8) 8420-8430.
- Di Trapani D, Volpe M, Di Bella G, Messineo A, Volpe R and Viviani G (2018). "Assessing Methane Emission and Economic Viability of Energy Exploitation in a Typical Sicilian Municipal Solid Waste Landfill." Waste and Biomass Valorization 1-12.
- VOLPE R, Mäkelä M, Volpe M, Fiori L and Dahl O (2018). "Spatially resolved spectral determination of polysaccharides in hydrothermally carbonized biomass." Royal Society of Chemistry Green Chemistry
- VOLPE R, Messineo S, Volpe M and Messineo A (2017). "Catalytic Effect of Char for Tar Cracking in Pyrolysis of Citrus Wastes, Design of a Novel Experimental Set Up and First Results." Italian Association of Chemical Engineering - Aidic Chemical Engineering Transactions vol. 50, 181-186.
- Nicolosi G, Messineo A and VOLPE R (2017). "An Innovative Adaptive Control System to Regulate Microclimatic Conditions in a Greenhouse." Energies vol. 10, (5) 722-722.
- Volpe R, Menendez JMB, Reina TR, Messineo A and Millan M (2017). "Evolution of chars during slow pyrolysis of citrus waste." Fuel Processing Technology vol. 158, 255-263.
- VOLPE R, Volpe M, Fiori L and Messineo A (2016). "Upgrading of Olive Tree Trimmings Residue as Biofuel by Hydrothermal Carbonization and Torrefaction: a Comparative Study." Italian Association of Chemical Engineering - Aidic Chemical Engineering Transactions vol. 50, 13-13.
- De Marchis M, Milici B, Volpe R and Messineo A (2016). "Energy Saving in Water Distribution Network through Pump as Turbine Generators: Economic and Environmental Analysis." Energies vol. 9, (11) 877-877.
- Messineo A, Bonasera D, Volpe R, Messineo S and Marvuglia A (2016). "Technical and Economical Assessment of Biomass Potential for Power Production: A Study in the South of Italy." Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management vol. 4, (3) 287-299.
- Volpe R, Messineo A and Millan M (2016). "Carbon reactivity in biomass thermal breakdown." Fuel vol. 183, 139-144.
- Volpe R, Messineo S, Volpe M and Messineo A (2015). "Carbon Footprint of Tree Nuts Based Consumer Products." Mdpi Ag Sustainability vol. 7, (11) 14917-14934.
- Volpe M, Panno D, Volpe R and Messineo A (2015). "Upgrade of citrus waste as a biofuel via slow pyrolysis." Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis vol. 115, 66-76.
- Volpe R, Messineo A, Millan M, Volpe M and Kandiyoti R (2015). "Assessment of olive wastes as energy source: pyrolysis, torrefaction and the key role of H loss in thermal breakdown." Energy vol. 82, 119-127.
- Volpe M, D¿Anna C, Messineo S, Volpe R and Messineo A (2014). "Sustainable Production of Bio-Combustibles from Pyrolysis of Agro-Industrial Wastes." Sustainability vol. 6, (11) 7866-7882.
- La Rocca A, La Rocca V, Messineo A, Morale M, Panno D and Volpe R (2013). "Numerical Solution of Foodstuff Freezing Problems Using Radial Basis Functions." Advanced Science Letters vol. 19, (3) 1044-1047.
- Messineo A, Freni G and Volpe R (2012). "Collection of Thermal Energy Available from a Biogas Plant for Leachate Treatment in an Urban Landfill: A Sicilian Case Study." Energies vol. 5, (10) 3753-3767.
- Messineo A, Volpe R and Asdrubali F (2012). "Evaluation of Net Energy Obtainable from Combustion of Stabilised Olive Mill By-Products." Energies vol. 5, (5) 1384-1397.
- Messineo A, Volpe R and Marvuglia A (2012). "Ligno-cellulosic biomass exploitation for power generation: A case study in sicily." Energy vol. 45, (1) 613-625.
- Messineo A, Panno D and Volpe R (2012). "Technical and Economical Feasibility of Biomass Use for Power Generation in Sicily." International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems vol. 3, (1) 40-50.