Dr Paul Balcombe
MEng, PhD, CEng, MIChemE
- Auger T, Trüby J, Balcombe P and Staffell I (2021). "The future of coal investment, trade, and stranded assets." Published by Elsevier Inc. Joule
- Balcombe P, Staffell I, Kerdan IG, Speirs JF, Brandon NP and Hawkes AD (2021). "How can LNG-fuelled ships meet decarbonisation targets? An environmental and economic analysis." Elsevier Energy vol. 227,
- Rivera XCS, Balcombe P and Niero M (2021). "Chapter 3 Life Cycle Assessment as a Metric for Circular Economy." Life Cycle Assessment
- Speirs J, Balcombe P, Blomerus P, Stettler M, Achurra-Gonzalez P, Woo M, Ainalis D, Cooper J, Sharafian A, Merida W, Crow D, Giarola S, Shah N, Brandon N and Hawkes A (2020). "Natural gas fuel and greenhouse gas emissions in trucks and ships." Progress in Energy vol. 2, (1) 012002-012002.
- Cooper J, Hawkes A and Balcombe P (2019). "Life cycle environmental impacts of natural gas drivetrains used in UK road freighting and impacts to UK emission targets." Elsevier Science of The Total Environment vol. 674, 482-493.
- Crow DJG, Balcombe P, Brandon N and Hawkes AD (2019). "Assessing the impact of future greenhouse gas emissions from natural gas production." Elsevier Science of The Total Environment vol. 668, 1242-1258.
- Balcombe P, Brierley J, Lewis C, Skatvedt L, Speirs J, Hawkes A and Staffell I (2019). "How to decarbonise international shipping: Options for fuels, technologies and policies." Energy Conversion and Management vol. 182, 72-88.
- Staffell I, Scamman D, Velazquez Abad A, Balcombe P, Dodds PE, Ekins P, Shah N and Ward KR (2019). "The role of hydrogen and fuel cells in the global energy system." Energy and Environmental Science vol. 12, (2) 463-491.
- Parkinson B, Balcombe P, Speirs JF, Hawkes AD and Hellgardt K (2019). "Levelized cost of CO 2 mitigation from hydrogen production routes." Energy and Environmental Science vol. 12, (1) 19-40.
- Balcombe P, Speirs JF, Brandon NP and Hawkes AD (2018). "Methane emissions: choosing the right climate metric and time horizon." Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts vol. 20, (10) 1323-1339.
- Balcombe P, Speirs J, Johnson E, Martin J, Brandon N and Hawkes A (2018). "The carbon credentials of hydrogen gas networks and supply chains." Elsevier Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews vol. 91, 1077-1088.
- Speirs J, Balcombe P, Johnson E, Martin J, Brandon N and Hawkes A (2018). "A greener gas grid: What are the options." Energy Policy vol. 118, 291-297.
- Balcombe P, Brandon NP and Hawkes AD (2018). "Characterising the distribution of methane and carbon dioxide emissions from the natural gas supply chain." Journal of Cleaner Production vol. 172, 2019-2032.
- Balcombe P, Anderson K, Speirs J, Brandon N and Hawkes A (2017). "The Natural Gas Supply Chain: The Importance of Methane and Carbon Dioxide Emissions." Acs Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering vol. 5, (1) 3-20.
- Balcombe P, Rigby D and Azapagic A (2015). "Energy self-sufficiency, grid demand variability and consumer costs: Integrating solar PV, Stirling engine CHP and battery storage." Applied Energy vol. 155, 393-408.
- Balcombe P, Rigby D and Azapagic A (2015). "Environmental impacts of microgeneration: Integrating solar PV, Stirling engine CHP and battery storage." Applied Energy vol. 139, 245-259.
- Balcombe P, Rigby D and Azapagic A (2013). "Motivations and barriers associated with adopting microgeneration energy technologies in the UK." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews vol. 22, 655-666.