Dr Clare Thompson
- Verbruggen SW, Thompson CL, Duffy MP, Lunetto S, Nolan J, Pearce OMT, Jacobs CR and Knight MM (2021). "Mechanical stimulation modulates osteocyte regulation of cancer cell phenotype." Cancers vol. 13, (12)
- Thompson C, Mcfie M, Chapple J, BEALES P and Knight M (2021). "Polycystin-2 is required for chondrocyte mechanotransduction and traffics to the primary cilium in response to mechanical stimulation." Mdpi Ag International Journal of Molecular Sciences
- Thompson CL, Fu S, Heywood HK, Knight MM and Thorpe SD (2021). "Corrigendum: Mechanical Stimulation: A Crucial Element of Organ-on-Chip Models (Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., (2020), 8, 602646, 10.3389/fbioe.2020.602646)." Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology vol. 9,
- Fu S, Meng H, Inamdar S, Das B, Gupta H, Wang W, Thompson C and Knight M (2021). "Activation of TRPV4 by mechanical, osmotic or pharmaceutical stimulation is anti-inflammatory blocking IL-1β mediated articular cartilage matrix destruction.", Editors: Block JA. Elsevier Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- Thompson CL, Fu S, Knight MM and Thorpe SD (2020). "Mechanical Stimulation: A Crucial Element of Organ-on-Chip Models." Frontiers Media Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology vol. 8,
- Torres-Pérez JV, Naeem H, Thompson CL, Knight MM and Novak P (2020). "Nanoscale mapping reveals functional differences in ion channels populating the membrane of primary cilia." Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry vol. 54, (1) 15-26.
- Fu S, Thompson CL, Ali A, Wang W, Chapple JP, Mitchison HM, Beales PL, Wann AKT and Knight MM (2019). "Mechanical loading inhibits cartilage inflammatory signalling via an HDAC6 and IFT-dependent mechanism regulating primary cilia elongation." Osteoarthritis and Cartilage vol. 27, (7) 1064-1074.
- Harris C, THORPE SD, Rushwan S, Wang W, THOMPSON C, Peacock J, KNIGHT M, Gooptu B and Greenough A (2019). "An in vitro investigation of the inflammatory response to the strain amplitudes which occur during high frequency oscillation ventilation and conventional mechanical ventilation." Elsevier Journal of Biomechanics
- O¿Toole SM, Watson DS, Novoselova TV, Romano LEL, King PJ, Bradshaw TY, Thompson CL, Knight MM, Sharp TV, Barnes MR, Srirangalingam U, Drake WM and Chapple JP (2019). "Oncometabolite induced primary cilia loss in pheochromocytoma." Endocrine-Related Cancer vol. 26, (1) 165-180.
- Gambassi S, Geminiani M, Thorpe SD, Bernardini G, Millucci L, Braconi D, Orlandini M, Thompson CL, Petricci E, Manetti F, Taddei M, Knight MM and Santucci A (2017). "Smoothened-antagonists reverse homogentisic acid-induced alterations of Hedgehog signaling and primary cilium length in alkaptonuria." Journal of Cellular Physiology vol. 232, (11) 3103-3111.
- Thompson CL, Plant JC, Wann AK, Bishop CL, Novak P, Mitchison HM, Beales PL, Chapple JP and Knight MM (2017). "Chondrocyte expansion is associated with loss of primary cilia and disrupted hedgehog signalling." Eur Cell Mater vol. 34, 128-141.
- Schwarz N, Lane A, Jovanovic K, Parfitt DA, Aguila M, Thompson CL, da Cruz L, Coffey PJ, Chapple JP, Hardcastle AJ and Cheetham ME (2017). "Arl3 and RP2 regulate the trafficking of ciliary tip kinesins." Oxford University Press Hum Mol Genet vol. 26, (13) 2480-2492.
- Schwarz N, Lane A, Jovanovic K, Parfitt DA, Aguila M, Thompson CL, da Cruz L, Coffey PJ, Chapple JP, Hardcastle AJ and Cheetham ME (2017). "Arl3 and RP2 regulate the trafficking of ciliary tip kinesins. (CORRIGENDUM)." Oxford University Press Hum Mol Genet vol. 26, (17) 3451-3451.
- THORPE SD, Gambassi S, Thompson CL, Chandrakumar C, Santucci A and Knight MM (2017). "Reduced Primary Cilia Length and Altered Arl13b Expression Are Associated with Deregulated Chondrocyte Hedgehog Signalling in Alkaptonuria." John Wiley & Sons Inc. Journal of Cellular Physiology
- KNIGHT MM, wang W, wang Z, wann A, thompson C and hassen A (2016). "IFT88 influences chondrocyte actin organization and biomechanics." Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- KNIGHT MM, Thompson CL, Wiles A and Poole CA (2016). "Lithium chloride modulates chondrocyte primary cilia and inhibits hedgehog signalling." Federation of American Society of Experimental Biology (Faseb) The Faseb Journal
- Sliogeryte K, Thorpe SD, Wang Z, Thompson CL, Gavara N and Knight MM (2016). "Differential effects of LifeAct-GFP and actin-GFP on cell mechanics assessed using micropipette aspiration." Elsevier Journal of Biomechanics vol. 49, (2) 310-317.
- Thompson CL, Patel R, Kelly T-AN, Wann AKT, Hung CT, Chapple JP and Knight MM (2015). "Hedgehog signalling does not stimulate cartilage catabolism and is inhibited by Interleukin-1β." Arthritis Research & Therapy vol. 17, (1)
- Thompson CL, Poole CA and Knight MM (2015). "Lithium chloride modulates chondrocyte primary cilia and inhibits Hedgehog signaling." Federation of American Society of Experimental Biology The Faseb Journal vol. 100, (4) A39-A40.
- KNIGHT MM, Thompson CL, Yasmin H, Varone A, Wiles A and Poole CA (2015). "Lithium chloride prevents interleukin- 1β induced cartilage degradation and loss of mechanical properties." Wiley: 12 Months Journal of Orthopaedic Research
- Thompson CL, Poole CA and Knight MM (2015). "Lithium chloride triggers primary cilia elongation and inhibits hedgehog signalling in articular chondrocytes." International Journal of Experimental Pathology vol. 96, (2) A6-A6.
- Thompson CL, Chapple JP and Knight MM (2014). "Primary cilia disassembly down-regulates mechanosensitive hedgehog signalling: a feedback mechanism controlling ADAMTS-5 expression in chondrocytes." Osteoarthritis Cartilage vol. 22, (3) 490-498.
- McMurray RJ, Wann AKT, Thompson CL, Connelly JT and Knight MM (2013). "Surface topography regulates wnt signaling through control of primary cilia structure in mesenchymal stem cells." Sci Rep vol. 3,
- Wann AK, Thompson CL, Chapple JP and Knight MM (2013). "Interleukin-1β sequesters hypoxia inducible factor 2α to the primary cilium." Cilia vol. 2, (1)
- Thompson C, Prodromou N, Osborn D, Ashworth R, Knight M, Beales P and Chapple J (2012). "Heat-shock induces rapid resorption of primary cilia." Cilia vol. 1, (Suppl 1)
- Thompson C, Chapple J and Knight M (2012). "Mechanical strain disrupts primary cilia structure and modulates hedgehog signalling in adult chondrocytes." Cilia vol. 1, (Suppl 1)
- Prodromou NV, Thompson CL, Osborn DPS, Cogger KF, Ashworth R, Knight MM, Beales PL and Chapple JP (2012). "Heat shock induces rapid resorption of primary cilia." J Cell Sci vol. 125, (Pt 18) 4297-4305.
- Wann AKT, Thompson C and Knight MM (2012). "The role of the primary cilium in chondrocyte response to mechanical loading." Mechanically Gated Channels and Their Regulation