School of Engineering and Materials Science Research Studentships
Reconfigurable Mobile Robotic Manipulator (RM2)
Supervisors: Ketao ZHANG
Application Deadline: 31-01-2019
This project will (1) investigate cross-disciplinary approach in flexible robotic manipulator design for the mobile manipulation system thus enabling dexterous manipulation (2) explore novel mechatronic solutions for the robotic manipulator with soft technologies enabled with adaptive and functional morphology, (3) control and navigation of the mobile platform to implement complex tasks with limited sensing capability in unstructured environment.
The project will directly benefit from outstanding facilities in ARQ (Advanced Robotics @ Queen Mary), the newly established robotics centre and workshops at the School of Engineering and Material Science and School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science of the Queen Mary University of London.
Applicants should have solid background in mechanical or electronic engineering. Applicants with knowledge of robotics, good skills and experiences in CAD design, modelling, and control are particularly encouraged to apply.
QMUL Research Studentship Details
- Available to Home/EU Applicants only.
- Full Time programme only.
- Applicant required to start in April 2019.
- The studentship arrangement will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend for up to three years (Currently set as £16,777 in 2018/19).
- The minimum requirement for this studentship opportunity is a good Honours degree (minimum 2(i) honours or equivalent) or MSc/MRes in mechanical or electronic engineering, or a field closely related to robotics.
- If English is not your first language then you will require a valid English certificate equivalent to IELTS 6.5+ overall with a minimum score of 6 in Writing and 5.5 in all sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking).
- Please note that this studentship is only available to Home/EU Applicants. (See: http://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/money/feestatus/ for details).
Supervisor Contact Details
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Dr Ketao Zhang
Tel: 020 7882 3677
To apply for this studentship and for entry on to the Mechanical Engineering programme (Full Time) please follow the instructions detailed on the following webpage:
Research degrees in Engineering
Further Guidance http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/
Please be sure to include a reference to ‘2018 SEMS KZHANG’ to associate your application with this studentship opportunity.