At QMUL we are preparing students to become successful professional engineers, and so all our Engineering degrees (aside from MSc Dental Materials) are accredited by the relevant professional institution. Our accredited degrees will give you automatic exemption to the first stage of full Chartered Engineer status by the Engineering Council.
The accreditation process ensures that our degrees meet the expected professional level by ensuring that:
- Our degrees prepare students to an excellent academic level
- The content of our degrees is relevant to industry
- We engage industry partners in the development and delivery of our degrees
- We recruit students that are well-qualified for the degree
- Our graduates progress to relevant and appropriate industry careers.
The professional accreditation is delivered by the Engineering Council, which is the UK regulatory body for the engineering profession.
The Professional Bodies we work with in SEMS are: