Engineering and Materials Science Taster Courses 2023
Our taster courses are designed to give prospective students an idea of what it would be like to study in the School of Engineering and Materials Science, whilst finding out a bit more about our courses.
Take part in taster lab sessions and talks from leading academics and current students to find out how we prepare our students to take a leading role in the world of engineering.
Our taster courses are open to students in Year 12 studying Maths and Physics, or Chemistry, at A-Level. Students studying an Engineering-related BTEC Level 3 should also be studying towards A-Level Maths.
You can now register for our International Women in Engineering Taster Day on Friday 23rd June, and our Science and Engineering Faculty Taster Day on Thursday 29th June.
Online Undergraduate Subject Talks (BEng/MEng)
September and October 2023
The School of Engineering and Materials Science will be running a series of online academic-led subject talks during the autumn term. These talks are suitable for individuals who are considering making an application to start university in September 2024 or 2025.
This is a great opportunity to meet our academics, ask questions and gain a deeper insight into the subjects you are considering applying to.
These subject talks will be of particular interest to individuals who are unable to attend our autumn Open Day on Saturday the 7th of October.
- Aerospace Engineering - Tuesday 26th of September at 4pm
- Chemical Engineering - Thursday 28th of September at 5pm
- Mechanical Engineering - Thursday 5th of October at 5pm
- Materials Science and Engineering - Tuesday 10th of October at 5pm
- Robotics Engineering - Thursday 12th October at 5pm
- Biomedical Engineering - Tuesday 17th October at 5pm
- Sustainable Energy Engineering - Thursday 19th October at 5pm
- Design, Innovation and Creative Engineering - Thursday 26th of October at 5:30pm
Each talk will last for approximately 45 minutes.