SEMS Industrial Liaison Forum
During the 2020/2021 academic year, to replace our normal programme of two annual Industrial Liaison Forums (ILFs) scheduled for our industrial partners, staff and students in the School of Engineering and Materials Science (SEMS) and the Materials Research Institute (MRI) we have decided to run a number of virtual events in 2021.
- ILF#1 - A showcase of our world renowned PhD research was held on 21st January
- ILF#2 - A focused event on Industrial Placements was held on 24th February
- ILF#3 - A focused event for our Alumni and Industrial Advisory Board Members - 24th March
- ILF#4 - A showcase of our Final Year BEng Projects - 21st April
- ILF#5 - A showcase of our Final Year MEng Projects - 28th April
- ILF#6 - Materials PhD Student Showcase & 5pm lecture: Dr Joe Briscoe, "Scaling up and scaling down: maximising solar energy conversion through large area synthesis and novel nanocomposite materials" - 17th May
- ILF#7 - Engineering PhD Student Showcase & 5pm lecture : Prof Andrew Livingston, "Travels in Nanoland : membranes, molecules and money"- 18th May
- ILF#8 - Biomedical Engineering PhD Student Showcase & 5pm lecture: Prof Andrew Lewis, "Innovating new medical devices" - 19th May
- ILF#9 - Chemical Engineering PhD Student Showcase & 5pm lecture: Dr Ana Sobrido, "Engineering the next generation of electrode materials for energy conversion and storage devices"- 20th May
- ILF#10 - iBSc (Medical) Project Showcase - 1st June
- ILF#11 - MSc Project Showcase - TBC
If you are an alumnus / industrial advisory board member or an employer and are interested in participating in these events then please register for your tickets using the Eventbrite registration that you will be sent or is availave via the above links. If you have any questions please contact Crawford Blagden, firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor James Busfield, email@example.com.