Dr Hasan Shaheed
PhD (Sheffield), PGCAP (London), SFHEA, MIEEE, CEng, MIET, NTF
Hightlight: A fully funded PhD studentship is avialable for UK/EU students. Please visit the link.
Hasan Shaheed carries out research in the fields of (a) Aerial Robotics and Solar Aerial Robotics (b) Hybrid Renewable Energy Technologies and Desalination (c) Robotics (master-slave), (d) Medical devices (e) Medical robotics (f) Computational biology/bioinformatics. His group is devoted to investigations involving design, fabrication, modelling and control of above systems/processes using both model-based and artificial intelligence approaches.
[a] Aerial Robotics and Solar Aerial Robotics
- Solar helicopters/aerial vehicles/drones
- Quad-copters and drones
[b] Hybrid Renewable energy technologies and desalination
- Hybrid renewable energy systems combining photovoltaic, wind energy, fuel cell and pressure retarded osmosis.
- Renewable energy based desalination using reverse osmosis (RO) and membrane distillation (MD).
[c] Robotics (general and master-slave)
- Robotic arms and graspers with applications to remote handling and manufacturing
[d] Medical robotics
- Robotic Active Endoscopic Capsule robots for GI tract screening to diagnose diseases like cancer
- Master-slave robotic systems with applications to surgery, elderly care and rehabilitation
- Prosthetic robotic arms with multiple degrees of freedom for people with amputated limbs
- Exoskeletons/wearable robots
[e] Medical devices
- Hand-held retractor to assist laparoscopic surgery
- Robotic surgical retractor to assist laparoscopic surgery
[f] Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
- Classification of cancer and other diseases using gene expression (microarray) and next generation sequencing (NGS) data
- Biomedical signal processing with application to analysis and classification of normal and abnormal ECG, EMG, EEG, EKG signals for the purpose of diseases diagnosis such as epilepsy and control of artificial limbs
***Students willing to pursue PhD in any of the above fields are encouraged to contact .