Dr Hannah Heywood
- Thompson CL, Fu S, Heywood HK, Knight MM and Thorpe SD (2021). "Corrigendum: Mechanical Stimulation: A Crucial Element of Organ-on-Chip Models (Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., (2020), 8, 602646, 10.3389/fbioe.2020.602646)." Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology vol. 9,
- Thompson CL, Fu S, Knight MM and Thorpe SD (2020). "Mechanical Stimulation: A Crucial Element of Organ-on-Chip Models." Frontiers Media Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology vol. 8,
- Heywood HK and Lee DA (2016). "Bioenergetic reprogramming of articular chondrocytes by exposure to exogenous and endogenous reactive oxygen species and its role in the anabolic response to low oxygen." Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine vol. 11, (8) 2286-2294.
- Heywood HK, Nalesso G, Lee DA and Dell'accio F (2014). "Culture expansion in low-glucose conditions preserves chondrocyte differentiation and enhances their subsequent capacity to form cartilage tissue in three-dimensional culture." Biores Open Access vol. 3, (1) 9-18.
- Pattappa G, Thorpe SD, Jegard NC, Heywood HK, de Bruijn JD and Lee DA (2013). "Continuous and Uninterrupted Oxygen Tension Influences the Colony Formation and Oxidative Metabolism of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells." Tissue Engineering Part C-Methods vol. 19, (1)
- Gammon L, Biddle A, Heywood HK, Johannessen AC and Mackenzie IC (2013). "Sub-sets of cancer stem cells differ intrinsically in their patterns of oxygen metabolism." Plos One vol. 8, (4)
- Pattappa G, Heywood HK, de Bruijn JD and Lee DA (2011). "The metabolism of human mesenchymal stem cells during proliferation and differentiation." J Cell Physiol vol. 226, (10) 2562-2570.
- Pattappa G, Heywood HK, de Bruijn JD and Lee DA (2010). "The metabolism of human mesenchymal stem cells during proliferation and differentiation." J Cell Physiol
- Martyn SV, Heywood HK, Rockett P, Paine MD, Wang MJ, Dobson PJ, Sheard SJ, Lee DA and Stark JPW (2010). "Electrospray deposited fibronectin retains the ability to promote cell adhesion." Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B Applied Biomaterials vol. 96B, (1) 110-118.
- Heywood HK, Knight MM and Lee DA (2010). "Both superficial and deep zone articular chondrocyte subpopulations exhibit the crabtree effect but have different basal oxygen consumption rates." Journal of Cellular Physiology vol. 223, (3) 630-639.
- Heywood HK and Lee DA (2010). "Low oxygen reduces the modulation to an oxidative phenotype in monolayer-expanded chondrocytes." J Cell Physiol vol. 222, (1) 248-253.
- Heywood HK and Lee DA (2008). "Monolayer expansion induces an oxidative metabolism and ROS in chondrocytes." Biochem Biophys Res Commun vol. 373, (2) 224-229.
- Heywood HK and Lee DA (2008). "The effect of oxygen supply on chondrocyte metabolic phenotype during monolayer culture." European Cells and Materials vol. 16, (SUPPL. 3)
- Heywood HK, Bader DL and Lee DA (2006). "Rate of oxygen consumption by isolated articular chondrocytes is sensitive to medium glucose concentration." Journal of Cellular Physiology vol. 206, (2) 402-410.
- Wang MJ, Heywood HK, Bader DL, Paine MD, Stark JPW and Lee DA (2005). "Identification and characterization of deposited fibronectin on biocompatible materials: Comparison of electrospray and wetting methods." Proceedings of The 2005 Summer Bioengineering Conference vol. 2005, 439-440.
- Sengers BG, Heywood HK, Lee DA, Oomens CWJ and Bader DL (2005). "Nutrient utilization by bovine articular chondrocytes: a combined experimental and theoretical approach." J Biomech Eng vol. 127, (5) 758-766.
- Heywood HK, Bader DL and Lee DA (2005). "Superficial and deep chondrocyte subpopulations both express the crabtree effect but exhibit differences in oxygen consumption rate." European Cells and Materials vol. 10, (SUPPL.2)
- Heywood HK, Sembi PK, Lee DA and Bader DL (2004). "Cellular utilization determines viability and matrix distribution profiles in chondrocyte-seeded alginate constructs." Tissue Eng vol. 10, (9-10) 1467-1479.