Dr Aleksandra Birn-Jeffery
- Neal BS, Lack SD, Barton CJ, Birn-Jeffery A, Miller S and Morrissey D (2020). "Is markerless, smart phone recorded two-dimensional video a clinically useful measure of relevant lower limb kinematics in runners with patellofemoral pain? A validity and reliability study." Elsevier Physical Therapy in Sport vol. 43, 36-42.
- Labonte D, Struecker MY, Birn-Jeffery AV and Federle W (2019). "Shear-sensitive adhesion enables size-independent adhesive performance in stick insects." Proceedings of The Royal Society B: Biological Sciences vol. 286, (1913)
- Neal BS, Barton CJ, Birn-Jeffery A and Morrissey D (2019). "Increased hip adduction during running is associated with patellofemoral pain and differs between males and females: A case-control study." Journal of Biomechanics vol. 91, 133-139.
- Hinds N, ANGIOI M, BIRN-JEFFERY AV and TWYCROSS-LEWIS R (2019). "A systematic review of shoulder injury prevalence, proportion, rate, type, onset, severity, mechanism and risk factors in female artistic gymnasts." Elsevier Physical Therapy in Sport vol. 35, 106-115.
- Neal BS, Barton CJ, Birn-Jeffrey A, Daley M and Morrissey D (2018). "The effects & mechanisms of increasing running step rate: A feasibility study in a mixed-sex group of runners with patellofemoral pain." Physical Therapy in Sport vol. 32, 244-251.
- Daley MA and BIRN-JEFFERY AV (2018). "Scaling of avian bipedal locomotion reveals independent effects of body mass and leg posture on gait." Company of Biologists Journal of Experimental Biology
- Lack S, Birn-Jeffery A, Beasley I and Morrissey D (2018). "Queen Mary University London: One of the longest established masters of sport and exercise medicine globally (continuing professional development series)." British Journal of Sports Medicine vol. 52, (3) 206-207.
- Birn-Jeffery AV and Higham TE (2016). "Light level impacts locomotor biomechanics in a secondarily diurnal gecko, Rhoptropus afer." J Exp Biol vol. 219, (Pt 22) 3649-3655.
- Müller R, Birn-Jeffery AV and Blum Y (2016). "Human and avian running on uneven ground: a model-based comparison." J R Soc Interface vol. 13, (122)
- Birn-Jeffery AV and Higham TE (2016). "Geckos decouple fore- and hind limb kinematics in response to changes in incline." Frontiers in Zoology vol. 13, (1)
- Higham TE, Birn-Jeffery AV, Collins CE, Hulsey CD and Russell AP (2015). "Adaptive simplification and the evolution of gecko locomotion: Morphological and biomechanical consequences of losing adhesion." Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of The United States of America vol. 112, (3) 809-814.
- Higham TE, Measey GJ, Birn-Jeffery AV, Herrel A and Tolley KA (2015). "Functional divergence between morphs of a dwarf chameleon: Differential locomotor kinematics in relation to habitat structure." Biological Journal of The Linnean Society vol. 116, (1) 27-40.
- Birn-Jeffery AV and Higham TE (2014). "The scaling of uphill and downhill locomotion in legged animals." Integrative and Comparative Biology vol. 54, (6) 1159-1172.
- Birn-Jeffery AV and Higham TE (2014). "Geckos significantly alter foot orientation to facilitate adhesion during downhill locomotion." Biology Letters vol. 10, (10)
- Blum Y, Vejdani HR, Birn-Jeffery AV, Hubicki CM, Hurst JW and Daley MA (2014). "Swing-leg trajectory of running guinea fowl suggests task-level priority of force regulation rather than disturbance rejection." Plos One vol. 9, (6)
- Birn-Jeffery AV, Hubicki CM, Blum Y, Renjewski D, Hurst JW and Daley MA (2014). "Don't break a leg: Running birds from quail to ostrich prioritise leg safety and economy on uneven terrain." Journal of Experimental Biology vol. 217, (21) 3786-3796.
- Birn-Jeffery AV, Miller CE, Naish D, Rayfield EJ and Hone DWE (2012). "Pedal Claw Curvature in Birds, Lizards and Mesozoic Dinosaurs - Complicated Categories and Compensating for Mass-Specific and Phylogenetic Control." Plos One vol. 7, (12)
- Birn-Jeffery AV and Daley MA (2012). "Birds achieve high robustness in uneven terrain through active control of landing conditions." Journal of Experimental Biology vol. 215, (12) 2117-2127.
- Blum Y, Birn-Jeffery A, Daley MA and Seyfarth A (2011). "Does a crouched leg posture enhance running stability and robustness?" Journal of Theoretical Biology vol. 281, (1) 97-106.