School of Engineering and Materials Science Research Studentships
Advanced optimal control and its applications
Supervisors: Guang LI
Application Deadline: 31-01-2019
In this project the student will develop a novel control framework for sustainable systems with embedded energy storage elements. The control framework will have multiple control tasks: 1) maximise energy conversion efficiency from energy sources to electricity, 2) improve electricity quality through energy storage power management, and 3) guarantee safe operation of the whole system. The student is expected to have a strong background in automatic control, dynamics modelling or relevant engineering areas.
QMUL Research Studentship Details
- Available to Home/EU & International Applicants.
- Full Time programme only.
- Applicant required to start in September/ October 2019.
- The studentship arrangement will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend for up to three years (Set as £16,777 for 2018/19).
- The minimum requirement for this studentship opportunity is a good Honours degree (minimum 2(i) honours or equivalent) or MSc/MRes in a relevant discipline.
- If English is not your first language then you will require a valid English certificate equivalent to IELTS 6.5+ overall with a minimum score of 6 in Writing 5.5 in all sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking).
- International applicants should refer to the following website at https://www.qmul.ac.uk/international-students/
Supervisor Contact Details
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Dr Guang Li
Tel: 020 7882 6116
To apply for this studentship and for entry on to the PhD Mechanical Engineering programme (Full Time) please follow the instructions detailed on the following webpage:
Research degrees in Engineering: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/subjects/engineering.html
Further Guidance: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/
Please be sure to include a reference to ‘2019 SEMS QMRS GL’ to associate your application with this studentship opportunity.