Division of Aerospace Engineering and Fluid Mechanics
- Yu X, Zhang L, Wen G, Zhao H, Luong LA, Chen Q, Huang Y, Zhu J, Ye S, Xu Q, Wang W and Xiao Q (2014). "Upregulated sirtuin 1 by miRNA-34a is required for smooth muscle cell differentiation from pluripotent stem cells." Nature Publishing Group Cell Death and Differentiation
- Liu W, Wang X, Bai K, Lin M, Sukhorukov G and Wang W (2014). "Microcapsules functionalized with neuraminidase can enter vascular endothelial cells in vitro." J R Soc Interface vol. 11, (101)
- Tunnicliffe LB, Kadlcak J, Morris MD, Shi Y, Thomas AG and Busfield JJC (2014). "Flocculation and viscoelastic behaviour in carbon black-filled natural rubber." Macromolecular Materials and Engineering vol. 299, (12) 1474-1483.
- ISMAIL AS, Herrada MA, López-Herrera JM and Gañán-Calvo AM (2014). "Isothermal dissolution of small rising bubbles in a low viscosity liquid." Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification vol. 85, 136-144.
- Markesteijn AP, Karabasov SA, Glotov VY and Goloviznin VM (2014). "A new non-linear two-time-level Central Leapfrog scheme in staggered conservation-flux variables for fluctuating hydrodynamics equations with GPU implementation." Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering vol. 281, 29-53.
- Alam MK, Siddiqui AM, Rahim MT, Islam S, Avital EJ and Williams JJR (2014). "Thin film flow of magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) pseudo-plastic fluid on vertical wall." Applied Mathematics and Computation vol. 245, 544-556.
- Chen J, Mahfouf M and Sidahmed G (2014). "A new holistic systems approach to the design of heat treated alloy steels using a biologically inspired multi-objective optimisation algorithm." Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence vol. 37, 103-114.
- Kim D, AVITAL E and Miloh T (2014). "Sound Scattering and Its Reduction by a Janus Sphere Type.", Editors: Khelif A. Hindawi Advances in Acoustics and Vibration vol. 2014, 392138-1-392138-11.
- SUI Y (2014). "Moving towards the cold region or the hot region? Thermocapillary migration of a droplet attached on a horizontal substrate." Physics of Fluids vol. 26,
- Yang J, Liu X and Wen PH (2014). "The local Kansa's method for solving Berger equation." Elsevier Ltd Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements
- Berci M, Mascetti S, Incognito A, Gaskell PH and Toropov VV (2014). "Dynamic response of typical section using variable-fidelity fluid dynamics and gust-modeling approaches - With correction methods." Journal of Aerospace Engineering vol. 27, (5)
- García FJ, González H, Castrejón-Pita JR and Castrejón-Pita AA (2014). "The breakup length of harmonically stimulated capillary jets." Applied Physics Letters vol. 105, (9)
- Zhao L, Guo B, Li T, Avital EJ and Williams JJR (2014). "A well-balanced explicit/semi-implicit finite element scheme for shallow water equations in drying-wetting areas." International Journal For Numerical Methods in Fluids vol. 75, (12) 815-834.
- Yamaguchi K, Thomas AG and Busfield JJC (2014). "Stress relaxation, creep and set recovery of elastomers." International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics
- Markesteijn A, Karabasov S, Scukins A, Nerukh D, Glotov V and Goloviznin V (2014). "Concurrent multiscale modelling of atomistic and hydrodynamic processes in liquids." Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society a: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences vol. 372, (2021)
- Karabasov S, Nerukh D, Hoekstra A, Chopard B and Coveney PV (2014). "Multiscale modelling: Approaches and challenges." Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society a: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences vol. 372, (2021)
- Li M, Monjiza A, Xu YG and Wen PH (2014). "Finite block Petrov-Galerkin method in transient heat conduction." Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements
- Li M and Wen PH (2014). "Finite block method for transient heat conduction analysis in functionally graded media." International Journal For Numerical Methods in Engineering vol. 99, (5) 372-390.
- ChunNing J, Ante M, Eldad A, Dong X and John W (2014). "Numerical investigation of particle saltation in the bed-load regime." Science China-Technological Sciences vol. 57, (8) 1500-1511.
- Deo DI, Gautrot JE, Sukhorukov GB and Wang W (2014). "Biofunctionalization of PEGylated microcapsules for exclusive binding to protein substrates." Biomacromolecules vol. 15, (7) 2555-2562.
- Dandavino S, Ataman C, Ryan CN, Chakraborty S, Courtney D, Stark JPW and Shea H (2014). "Microfabricated electrospray emitter arrays with integrated extractor and accelerator electrodes for the propulsion of small spacecraft." Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering vol. 24, (7)
- Ciampa F, Barbieri E and Meo M (2014). "Modelling of multiscale nonlinear interaction of elastic waves with three-dimensional cracks." J Acoust Soc Am vol. 135, (6) 3209-3220.
- Semiletov VA and Karabasov SA (2014). "CABARET scheme for computational aero acoustics: Extension to asynchronous time stepping and 3D flow modelling." International Journal of Aeroacoustics vol. 13, (3-4) 321-336.
- Berci M, Toropov VV, Hewson RW and Gaskell PH (2014). "Multidisciplinary multifidelity optimisation of a flexible wing aerofoil with reference to a small UAV." Springer Nature Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization vol. 50, (4) 683-699.
- Wang K and Stark J (2014). "Dispersion of nano-Au suspension using novel pulsed jet nanoelectrospraying approach." Materials Letters vol. 123, 120-123.
- Ji C, Munjiza A, Avital E, Xu D and Williams J (2014). "Saltation of particles in turbulent channel flow." Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics vol. 89, (5)
- Sun J, Wang W and Wang HS (2014). "Viscous dissipation effect in nano-confined shear flows: a comparative study between molecular dynamics and multi-scale hybrid simulations." Springer Link Microfluidics and Nanofluidics
- Lubbers LA, Weijs JH, Botto L, Das S, Andreotti B and Snoeijer JH (2014). "Drops on soft solids: free energy and double transition of contact angles." Journal of Fluid Mechanics vol. 747,
- Gilkeson CA, Toropov VV, Thompson HM, Wilson MCT, Foxley NA and Gaskell PH (2014). "Dealing with numerical noise in CFD-based design optimization." Computers and Fluids vol. 94, 84-97.
- Markesteijn AP and Karabasov SA (2014). "Acoustic wave focusing by non-uniform mean flow in a rectangular duct with viscous walls." International Journal of Aeroacoustics vol. 13, (1-2) 183-206.
- Kong KTS, Mariatti M, Rashid AA and Busfield JJC (2014). "Enhanced conductivity behavior of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) hybrid composites containing exfoliated graphite nanoplatelets and carbon nanotubes." Composites Part B: Engineering vol. 58, 457-462.
- Glotov VY, Goloviznin VM, Karabasov SA and Markesteijn AP (2014). "New two-level leapfrog scheme for modeling the stochastic Landau-Lifshitz equations." Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics vol. 54, (2) 315-334.
- Markesteijn AP and Karabasov SA (2014). "Time asynchronous relative dimension in space method for multi-scale problems in fluid dynamics." Journal of Computational Physics vol. 258, 137-164.
- Vu HM, Forth JP, Dao DV and Toropov VV (2014). "The use of optimisation for enhancing the development of a novel sustainable masonry unit." Applied Mathematical Modelling vol. 38, (3) 853-863.
- Hughes-Brittain NF, Qiu L, Wang W, Peijs T and Bastiaansen CWM (2014). "Photoembossing of surface relief structures in polymer films for biomedical applications." J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater vol. 102, (2) 214-220.
- Ciampa F, Onder E, Barbieri E and Meo M (2014). "Detection and Modelling of Nonlinear Elastic Response in Damaged Composite Structures." Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation vol. 33, (4) 515-521.
- Cagney N and Balabani S (2014). "Streamwise vortex-induced vibrations of cylinders with one and two degrees of freedom." Journal of Fluid Mechanics vol. 758, 702-727.
- Falco S, Siegkas P, BARBIERI E and Petrinic N (2014). "A new method for the generation of arbitrarily shaped 3D random polycrystalline domains." Springer Link Computational Mechanics
- Hothi HS, Busfield JJC and Shelton JC (2014). "Deformation of uncemented metal acetabular cups following impaction: Experimental and finite element study." Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering vol. 17, (11) 1261-1274.
- Sevilla R and Barbieri E (2014). "NURBS distance fields for extremely curved cracks." Computational Mechanics vol. 54, (6) 1431-1446.
- Ravizza S, Chen J, Atkin JAD, Stewart P and Burke EK (2014). "Aircraft taxi time prediction: Comparisons and insights." Elsevier Bv Applied Soft Computing vol. 14, 397-406.
- Hamasaki H, Nakazono M, Hino R, Yoshida F, Manabe H, Kondo H and Toropov VV (2014). "Stiffness improvement of stamping die by means of topology optimization." Advanced Materials Research vol. 939, 266-273.
- Viana FAC, Simpson TW, Balabanov V and Toropov V (2014). "Metamodeling in multidisciplinary design optimization: How far have we really come?" Aiaa Journal vol. 52, (4) 670-690.
- Bai X, AVITAL E, Munjiza A and Williams JJR (2014). "Numerical Simulation of a marine current turbine in free surface flow.", Editors: Sayigh AAM. Elsevier/Science Direct Renewable Energy vol. 63, 715-723.
- De Boer GN, Hewson RW, Thompson HM, Gao L and Toropov VV (2014). "Two-scale EHL: Three-dimensional topography in tilted-pad bearings." Tribology International vol. 79, 111-125.
- Semiletov VA, Karabasov SA, Faranosov GA, Kopiev VF and Goloviznin VM (2014). "Jet-wing interaction: Computational modelling based on MILES CABARET and acoustic analogy." 20th Aiaa/Ceas Aeroacoustics Conference
- Wen PH, Huang XJ and Aliabadi F (2014). "High accurate solutions of nonlocal elasticity for sphere." Key Engineering Materials vol. 577-578, 509-512.
- Stark JPW, Alexander MS and Smith KL (2014). "Electrospray pulsation: A diagnostic to understand cone-jet stability and minimum flow." Journal of Applied Physics vol. 115, (4)
- Yu GX, Sun J, Wang HS, Wen PH and Rose JW (2014). "Meshless inverse method to determine temperature and heat flux at boundaries for 2D steady-state heat conduction problems." Elsevier/Scince Direct Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science vol. 52, 156-163.
- Wen PH, Cao P and Korakianitis T (2014). "Finite Block Method in elasticity." Engineering Analysis With Boundary Elements vol. 46, 116-125.
- Zhang CY, Cao P, Pu CZ, Liu J and Wen PH (2014). "Integrated identification method of rheological model of sandstone in Sanmenxia bauxite." Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China (English Edition) vol. 24, (6) 1859-1865.
- Li J, Liu Y and Wen P (2014). "An edge dislocation interacting with an elastic thin-layered semi-infinite matrix." Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids vol. 19, (6) 626-639.
- Ryan CN, Smith KL and Stark JPW (2014). "The flow rate sensitivity to voltage across four electrospray modes." Applied Physics Letters vol. 104, (8)
- Sui Y, Ding H and Spelt PDM (2014). "Numerical Simulations of Flows with Moving Contact Lines." Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol 46 vol. 46, 97-119.
- Pavlov E, Taiji M, Scukins A, Markesteijn A, Karabasov S and Nerukh D (2014). "Visualising and controlling the flow in biomolecular systems at and between multiple scales: from atoms to hydrodynamics at different locations in time and space." Faraday Discuss vol. 169, 285-302.
- Botto L, Preuss K, Robertson LX and Xu XY (2014). "Physical characterisation and yield stress of a concentrated Miscanthus suspension." Rheologica Acta vol. 53, (10-11) 805-815.
- Sipatov AM, Karabasov SA, Gomzikov LY, Abramchuk TV and Semakov GN (2014). "Structural optimization of the air-blast atomizer based on three-dimensional simulation techniques." Russian Aeronautics vol. 57, (1) 75-83.
- Semiletov VA and Karabasov SA (2014). "Adjoint linearised euler solver and source modelling for goldstein acoustic analogy equations for 3D jet flow problems: Verification and capability study." 20th Aiaa/Ceas Aeroacoustics Conference
- Goloviznin VM, Karabasov SA and Kondakov VG (2014). "Generalization of the CABARET scheme to two-dimensional orthogonal computational grids." Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations vol. 6, (1) 56-79.
- Bai K and Wang W (2014). "Shear stress-induced redistribution of the glycocalyx on endothelial cells in vitro." Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology vol. 13, (2) 303-311.
- Sliogeryte K, Thorpe SD, Lee DA, Botto L and Knight MM (2014). "Stem cell differentiation increases membrane-actin adhesion regulating cell blebability, migration and mechanics." Scientific Reports vol. 4,