For some activities, you will be able to undertake experimental investigations to support your case study.
As the space and equipment is limited, it will be often the case that access to certain areas or machinery that booking sheets will be required. The sheets will be posted in the PBL area in Room 148, where rooms and equipment will be made available on a first come-first served basis. In some circumstances, you will only be allowed to work under supervision. Then it is essential that you liase with the individual identified by the case study champion prior to booking or reserving a time slot.
Use of rooms and labs
- The champion will instruct students on the risks involved in working in labs. Students should ask for appropriate regulations and safety information.
- Certain tasks can only be undertaken under supervision. Please make sure that this rule, when invoked, is strictly adhered to.
- Ask for approval to use equipment. You will need to be trained to use certain specialised equipment. Use appropriate protective clothing, such as lab coats, spectacles, and gloves.
- In the case of an unsafe working environment, immediately notify the PBL co-ordinator (Dr. Martin Blissett) as well as the case champion or your case group tutor.
- Work neatly and clean up your mess. Turn off equipment and lights. Clean white / black boards at the end of meetings.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke in Labs or in the meeting rooms
- The use of equipment, materials and machines is not without danger! Check instructions and ask assistance.